|Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.||
- All of our staff and many of our staff families are given access to medical facilities provided either by on-site Providence Health clinics or through medical aid schemes.
The Group continued to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and health needs with an investment of more than ZWL 161 million to keep its employees safe.
|Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.||
- Our internship programs and training sessions for small scale farmers and continual improvement training and courses for our staff aim to improve not only our productivity and sustainability, but ensure those in our sphere of influence are positively impacted by our operations.
- Operations of our Group located in rural areas, provide assistance where possible to ensure families of staff members have access to education.
- The Group aims to support a number of schools across the country by providing learning material, food donations and sporting equipment. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, lockdown closed schools for most of the year. The Group hopes to resume supporting the various educational institutions as soon as possible in the new reporting year.
|Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.||
- Clean potable water provision is a priority at all our facilities with regular inspections to ensure the health of our workers is not compromised.
- Effluent monitoring and management is being performed to ensure our facilities do not contaminate clean water systems.
- Reducing water usage is a key priority for the Group with regular monitoring and savings schemes being implemented wherever possible.
|Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.||
- Our policy is to minimise energy usage wherever possible.
- Detailed monitoring and reporting systems allow the Group to develop energy
- We aim to use the most energy efficient and newest technologies for our
expansion projects with energy usage being a major contributing factor to our equipment selection.
|Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.||
- With economic growth being key to our expansion and investment goals, we aim to improve not only the quality of life for those directly in the employment of the Group, but also through the implementation of procurement systems, improve the job quality, lifestyles and sustainability of our wider sphere of influence, also involving a progressive move to inclusive business.
|Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.||
- Through our contract farming schemes, outgrower programmes, and training sessions run by our agricultural sections, we aim to educate and positively influence farmers to protect biodiversity wherever possible, by protecting natural woodlands, wetlands, rivers and dams.
|Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.||
- The Group’s corporate governance policies and procedures are designed to ensure accountability at all levels within our businesses