CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS
1 Coventry Road
+263 242 772 685
+263 242 772 712
+263 242 772 736
+263 732 421 798
+263 731 837 484
AMP Meats was founded in 2003 as Associated Meat Packers. We have been consistently providing the highest quality meat to the Zimbabwean people. In addition to our flagship AMP Factory Shop, AMP supply quality meat to the nation through our vast countrywide network of 43 strategically located Texas Meats, Texas Chicken, Texas Dairy and Texas Meat Market outlets.
The company’s corporate culture, as enshrined in our mission statement, is a unique business philosophy of endeavouring to provide high quality meat products at affordable prices to consumers and achieve set targets through a formidable workforce.
The Associated Meat Packers (AMP) beef cutting and processing factory is situated at the Colcom complex in Harare. During early 2015 the factory’s space and facilities were considerably expanded and enhanced respectively to handle a significantly increasing throughput. AMP caters for a wide variety of customers as well as its own retail butchery outlets, offering a range of deboned and cut beef as well as carcass wholesaling.
The business currently comprises of a facility that offers:
- A cutting and processing facility which enriches operations through value addition and tray ready / vacuum packed products sold directly to the market.
- The capacity of this facility is over 75 head/day (on a single shift).
- AMP was awarded its FSSC22000 certification in November 2021.
FSSC 22000 is a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Certification Scheme. The FSSC 22000 System was designed to provide companies in the food industry with an ISO-based food safety management system certification that is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Recognition by GFSI provides worldwide recognition and acceptance by food manufacturers and retailers. FSSC 22000 defines requirements for integrated processes that work together to control and minimize food safety hazards. FSSC 22000 is a fast growing certification scheme and in April of 2017 issued their 15,000th certificate.
Launched in October 2003 with a brand “BUTCHERS BEST” AMP is a Beef processing concern. The company thrives on top quality processing keeping its products uniquely outstanding in a rather saturated beef industry to consolidate its market share. A state of the art plant equipped with modern machinery that produces an array of beef and other meat processed products like sausages, ham, polonies, biltong, patties, mince, and other fresh special cuts. Workers are constantly taken through hygiene workshops to emphasize on the need to maintain hygiene standards and hence uncompromised quality.
AMP Meats employs 543 people.
- Cutting & Processing factory
- AMP Factory wholesale & retail shop
- Management & Administration Head Office
- 21 retail outlets in Zimbabwe
- 18 retail outlets in Zimbabwe
- 2 retail outlets in Zimbabwe
Texas Meat Market
- 3 retail outlets in Zimbabwe
- Abattoir - operating feedlots
- Purchase and slaughter of cattle to AMP Meats
- 7 refrigerated vehicles - Hire additional vehicles when required