Probrands, Prodairy & Probottlers (Ruwa Companies) Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
OUR STRATEGIC APPROACH
The Ruwa Group of companies are delighted to report on the brand’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability matters, highlighting the business’s strategy, commitments and progress towards creating an ever more sustainable and successful business.
Ruwa Football Club
In the early 2019, the Ruwa Companies started sponsoring the Ruwa Football Club. The team comprised of a group of talented young men, ranging in age between 18 to 30 years old, all of whom were unemployed. This sponsorship saw the promotion of Ruwa Footbal Club to the First Division of the Eastern Region.
The Ruwa Football sponsorship covered by The Ruwa Companies encapsulates their Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA) affiliation fees for the year, referee fees, technical and professional fees, players allowances, camping fees, transport to all ‘away’ games, branded kits, tracksuits and training balls. Weekly refreshments are supplied for the team.
Ruwa Football Club Sponsorship
Ruwa Companies sponsorship to Ruwa Football Club collectively amounted to ZWL 86,000
Cyclone Idai donations by the Ruwa Companies
The Ruwa Companies together contributed almost 20 000kgs worth of goods towards Cyclone Idai:
- Probrands donated over 2,000 units of Premium rice equating to 4,000 kgs
- Prodairy donated over 3,000 units of Life Lactose Free UHT milk in 1L cartons
- Probottlers donated 9,600L of Fizzi carbonated drinks and BallyHouse cordial drinks
Cyclone Idai Hamper
Probrands business came to the aid of various organisations wanting to get aid into the devastated areas of Chipinge and Chimanimani by putting together a ‘Care Hamper’ for the victims affected by Cyclone Idai. A ‘Care Hamper’ included the following basic essential items:
10 kg Red Seal mealie meal
2 kg Gloria Self-raising flour
2 L Zimgold Oil
1 kg Zimbrite green bar soap
2 kg Hullets brown sugar
2 L BallyHouse Crush
2 kg Probrands Premium rice
2 kg Probrands salt
1 packet Probrands candles
Ruwa Companies contributed collectively 20,000kgs worth of product towards Cyclone Idai
3,360 Care Hampers
3,360 Probrands special ‘Care Hampers’ reached the Cyclone Idai affected areas in the country
Save Valley Anti-Poaching Unit
Since February 2019, BallyHouse cordials are donated monthly to Rhino Rangers based in the Save Valley, who work long hours from sunrise to sunset to protect our nation’s Rhino population. The cordials offer a welcome relief during long working hours and even during the winter months where temperatures are high in the Lowveld area.
The Glen View Initiative
The Glen View Initiative saw Probrands, Prodairy and Probottlers partnering with SPAR Zimbabwe in a community programme during the cholera outbreak in September 2018 and contributed towards the delivery of bowsers of fresh water to the residents of Glen View.
SPAR Rainbow Run in aid of Childline Zimbabwe
Probottlers participated in sponsoring the recent Rainbow Run hosted by SPAR Zimbabwe in aid of Childline Zimbabwe. In addition to the sponsorship, a donation of 20 cases of BallyHouse crushes was made towards prizes from Probottlers.
National Blood Transfusion Campaign
Probrands had 3 blood camps and collected 142 units of blood during the National Blood Transfusion campaign. In addition, Prodairy also donated 3,000L of Maheu and Probottlers donated 15 cases of BallyHouse cordials during the Schools Blood Drive.
National Blood Transfusion campaign
Probrands had 3 blood camps during the National Blood Transfusion Campaign
- Probrands and Prodairy employees participated in the Ruwa Clean Up exercise assisting in picking up litter around the area
- Probrands and Prodariy also donated approximately 180L of various products such as Steri Milk, Revive Dairy Blend and Revive Maheu to the Alastair Campbell Cricket Academy
- Prodairy donated almost 1,100L of product consisting of Life UHT Milk, Revive Dairy blend and Revive Maheu towards the funeral of the late Dr Oliver Mtukudzi
- Probottlers also donated up to 140 cases of BallyHouse Crush to 10 children’s homes in and around the Harare area
- Probrands and Prodairy fed the homeless community as part of the Eatout Movement in September 2019.