History & Evolution of the Group
Mouse over image to zoom – Download large image
- First Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) branded as Chicken Inn opened on Speke Avenue in Harare.
- Acquired Astra Crocodile Ranching & Shearwater Adventures
- Opened Distribution Group Africa (DGA) and started securing international agencies.
- Acquired and commissioned a mechanised bread plant in Harare.
- Acquired Capri Corporation Limited and reverse-listed Innscor on the ZSE (market cap USD70mn)
- Opened QSR outlets namely Chicken Inn, Pizza Inn, Bakers Inn and Creamy Inn in Zambia, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Mozambique
- Secured Nando’s Franchise and opened the first Nando’s store in Avondale, Harare.
- Acquired Spar Eastern Region and opened SPAR branded Corporate Stores in Harare.
- Secured Steers franchise and opened the first Steers outlet at Speke Avenue, Harare.
- Acquired a new biscuit line for the Iris Biscuit business
- New packaging machine purchased for the Snacks
- Concluded an Innscor-Exxon Mobil deal to open Innscor branded QSR outlets in Exxon Mobil forecourts across Africa.
- Opened QSR outlets in Nigeria and Senegal on Exxon Mobil forecourts
- Opened franchised QSR outlets in Malawi and Angola
- Opened the first SPAR Corporate store in Zambia.
- Commenced construction of a third crocodile farm in Kariba
- Expanded QSR footprint into 12 African countries, 7 company operated and 5 franchised.
- Increased equity in Colcom Holdings Limited (COLC.zw) to 79.64% and started consolidating Colcom into Innscor results.
- Major refurbishment of the Bakery line at Simon Mazorodze Road Site, Harare
- Opened 2 additional SPAR stores in Lusaka and Livingstone, with a total of 6 stores now in operation in Zambia
- Increased the number of franchised QSR outlets in the Nigerian market.
- Invested into a new Timber processing plant for our Bakaya Hardwoods business
- A new SPAR branded corporate store opened in Chawama, Zambia
- Acquired shareholding in Irvine’s Zimbabwe (Private) Limited, a leading Zimbabwean poultry producer (www.irvineschicken.co.zw)
- Acquired Shepperton Road property in Harare, with space to accommodate 5 breadlines and started consolidation of Bakery operations onto one site
- Secured Galito’s Franchise.
- Franchised Chicken Inn, Pizza Inn, Creamy Inn and Galito’s branded QSR outlets in Swaziland and Lesotho
- Grew QSR network in the Zimbabwean, Kenyan & Zambian markets
- Opened QSR outlets in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Acquired a non-controlling interest in a leading stockfeeds business, Profeeds (Private) Limited (www.profeeds.co.zw)
- Acquired automotive retail business Transerv
- Started re-organisation of the Group into a light manufacturing business.
- Disposed the Group’s interest in non-core SPAR Corporate Retail stores, Distribution operations and Tourism operations of Shearwater Adventures.
- Acquired a non-controlling interest in an FMCG manufacturing and downpacking of basic commodities business, Probrands (Private) Limited, (www.probrands.co.zw)
- Unbundled Speciality Retail businesses and listed it separately on the ZSE as Axia Corporation Limited (AXIA.zw)
- The journey of the new Innscor Africa comprising of Light Manufacturing businesses begins
- Disposed SPAR Zambia Limited and The River Club.